Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I have a car and driver...

Ok, really I have a taxi and eager driver who on Monday was waiting at the curb, not for me but just parked there.  Apparently I had taken him one other morning and he remembered me and immediately told me where I needed to go.  He said he would pick me up again same time on Tuesday.  As I came out of my apartment driveway, he was inching the taxi forward to see which apt complex I was exiting, blocking all traffic to get a good look.

Now on Wednesday, he was waiting in the apartment driveway with the door open.  When I got in the car, he called someone who spoke English and we have now set up a weekly payment system on his suggestion.

Now the best part of this thing is that he doesn't speak any English so we will see how that goes when I need to change my time.  He also will be charging me $6.00 a week or $24.00 a month.

I love this country!  And don't you love the colors of the taxis in Bangkok?

No comments: