Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ACL - The Best Music Festival in the World

Just about now every year I make a pilgrimage to Austin, TX for another turn at discovering new music from all corners of the earth including the most obscure of places, Texas.  

Austin City Limits Music Festival.

Last years highlights were the sexy and sultry Gotan Project, rocker blended with Inxs - Muse, Paolo Nutini - with his heart and soul and from the home town of Austin, Spoon. 

Unfortunately I wont be making it back this year.  However, to taunt me but good, ACL and iTunes put out a sampling to get you psyched for the amazing music experience.  So now I sit here in Bangkok on a Wednesday night, wishing I was on a plane right now, listening to what is turning out to be a great evening of sample songs.

So far Nicole Atkins and Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings are winners in my book.  If you have a chance to head down to Austin, bare the 95+ heat and listen to some outstanding bands, 150 or more in three days, I really suggest it.


No comments: